Thursday, June 18

Hello

My name is Dana Washington and I was born and raised in Timmonsville, South Carolina. I have two younger sisters, one is seventeen and the other is nine. I was once asked in an Art class what my definition of art was. Of course I said something about drawing and then I was instructed that I was incorrect. For you see art is not just drawing and sculpting, it’s everything you do and that you’re good at. It’s what you have a passion for, like basketball, baseball, or the planning of land usage. I had a thing for wanting others around me to feel protected and safe, sort of like a super hero, so I knew what passion was from that point on.

I now attend Denmark Technical College in Denmark, SC where I am majoring in Criminal Justice. During my tenure at Denmark Tech, I’ve learned not only about Criminal Justice but life in general. Your life is what you make it and everybody should enjoy it while they’re here. After graduation, I want to become a law enforcement officer, correctional officer, or either a probation officer. As you can see, I’m all about protecting and serving.

I’m very excited about the opportunity to work within the FLATS family and can’t wait to shed light on any situation from the criminal justice point of view. During my time in this internship, I’m expecting to gain a great knowledge of what FLATS is and does and also hoping that I make an impact in some sort of shape, form, or fashion. I really appreciate the chance that is being given to me because I know if I do well enough that this is just the beginning of many more great things to occur in the life and times of Dana Washington. I look forward to working with all of you.

Dana Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment